Creating a Community of Writers!
We are dedicated to student success. Writing is a critical skill that will be important to all students throughout their school career and after. NDA has a Writing Specialist, offers monthly grade level parent/student packets, writing sessions, and contests to promote a love of writing and confidence at all grade levels.
Tara Decker, Writing Specialist
Tara is eager to work with NDA families and staff to help create a comprehensive writing program. Writing has been a focus and a passion of hers throughout her 10 year teaching career. She has experience at all grade levels and is looking forward to providing writing opportunities and oversight for all ages.
Monthly writing newsletters
Please contact your teacher for "The Weekly Writer" and featured lessons.
- Nonfiction Book Report - Grades 2-12 - Due 9/30
- Compare and Contrast Essay - Grades 4-12 - Due 10/28
- Poetry - Grades 1-12 - Due 11/25
- Book Cover - Grades 2-12 - Due 12/23
- Personal Narrative - Grades 2-12 - Due 1/20
- Biographical Report - Grades 6-8 - Due 2/17
- Friendly Letter - Grades 2-12 - Due 3/17
- Script for a Play - Grades 3-12 - 4/14
- Power Point Presentation - Grades 3-12 Due 5/12
- Mapping Your Writing Curriculum
- Writing Rubrics
- Student-Centered Rubrics
- Teacher Rubrics
- Online Typing Programs
- State Testing Resources
- Common Core Writing Samples