New Day Academy-Shasta’s mission is to provide an innovative personalized learning program that honors parental choice. We support our students with a wealth of educational resources, a commitment to excellence, and a desire to nurture the unique nature of every child.
We support families dedicated to schooling their children at home.
we operate on the understanding that:
- Our independent study model is successful when students are supported by their families, and dedicated educational staff.
- Strong core competency skills are critical to successful lifelong learning.
- All students have different learning styles, abilities, and background experiences. As important as “what” a student learns is “how” a student learns.
- Developing an educational plan tailored to meet each student’s learning style, abilities, strengths, and areas of need, which allows them to flourish.
- Students, with strong support, will become self-motivated, organized lifelong learners who are able to use different sources of information and effectively complete responsibilities.
- Powerful teacher-student relationships are a motivating factor toward success.
- Opportunities for distance learning and online education are encouraged and supported to help students be successful in 21st Century Learning.
- Beyond core courses, providing a variety of elective course options allows students to find their individual path, interests, and life goals.
- Supported by trained and credentialed educators readied with effective standards-based curriculum, parents provide an excellent education to their children.
New Day Academy-Shasta BELIEVES THAT LEARNING BEST OCCURS WHEN:
- Teachers partner with parents and students to support, monitor, and encourage academic growth.
- Assessment tools are used to accurately assess student skill levels ensuring that curriculum and methodologies are appropriate for each student.
- Students are challenged to grow personally and academically and meet their potential.
- Experiential learning is included in a student’s education plan and enrichment opportunities are offered.
- Tutoring and small group instruction is available to provide support to independent learning.
- Student, parent, teacher communication is supportive and frequent.
As a school community we are dedicated to achieving the following Expected School Wide Learning Results (ESLR’s):
ACADEMIC ACHIEVERS WHO:
- Are self directed, independent learners, who plan for their educational futures by setting goals and establishing priorities
- Show proficiency in essential literacy, writing, and mathematical skills
- Assume responsibility for personal life-long learning
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATORS WHO:
- Are able to read, write, speak, and listen reflectively and critically with a sense of purpose
- Use technology effectively
RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS WHO:
- Are contributing members of society
- Are able to problem solve effectively making informed and responsible decisions
- Accept and respect diverse viewpoints, lifestyles, and opinions
- Are able to function in a global society